* Make your own Ebook: With Ebook Maker, you can make your own Ebook, ezine, catalog, and multimedia presentation very easily within just a few minutes. All you should do is to save relevant contents as HTML files with FrontPage or Word first, and then convert these files with Ebook Maker to make an Ebook. Thanks to the flexibility and expandability of HTML language, you may add audio, video, animation, and other multimedia contents to your Ebook.
* Easier reading and distribution: In contrast to a great number of HTML pages and included files, a standalone .EXE file can be distributed more conveniently via CDROM, website, or email. The author doesn't have to worry about missing any file, and readers don't need to install any third party software before opening an Ebook to read upon downloading. Their pleasure of readingwon't be interrupted since Ebook viewer works similar to web browsers.
* Sell Ebook via Internet: Ebook Maker provides different Ebook expiration mode, protection mode and password type by which the author can effectively protect his Ebook contents while he sells Ebook for profit on Internet. Ebook can also be used as an efficient to promote the author's website.
* Simple and easy to use: a user with no special knowledge may easily create an Ebook within a few minutes.
* Ebook viewer uses Internet Explorer to display HTML pages. Readers don't need to install any third party software before reading. All features and media formats supported by HTML and Internet Explorer 4 and higher are supported by Ebook Maker.
* The author may choose to generate compressed Ebook, minimizing needed disc space and download bandwidth.
* Powerful TOC (Table of Contents) editor: The TOC of Ebook can be generated automatically with a single click. Meanwhile, author may also create and modify TOC structure simply through drag-and-drop operation and toolbar .
* Customize Ebook user interface: authors may specify window size and window position, icon, splash screen, about dialog, and other message texts.
* To protect the contents of Ebook, the author may prohibit readers from copying, printing pages or viewing HTML .
* Multiple expiration modes: The author may choose Ebook to expire on a specific date, after a specific period upon the first reading, or after specific launches upon the first reading. After Ebook expires, the reader cannot access Ebook any more or is required a password to continue reading.
* Multiple protection modes: The reader may be asked a password to open Ebook or access specific pages.
* Multiple password types: Fixed password, username-based password and computer id-based password. Ebook Maker also offers for the author to generate passwords in batch.
* No temporary file is created while opening Ebook. The extraction, reading and display of all the Ebook pages are completed in memory, achieving more security and higher processing speed.
* Navigation through Ebook is very easy because it looks like you are using a version of a web browser.
* Ebook viewer is also featured by built-in bookmark management and full-text keyword search.
What's New of Version 2.1:
Improved: Process unicode/UTF8 encoding HTML pages correctly
Improved: Search function of ebook viewer becomes case insensitive
Fixed: Ebook viewer crashes sometimes while searching keywords with it
Fixed: "Arrow" and "enter" keys are enabled in HTML pages with ebook viewer
Fixed: Expiration information in ebook viewer for "Expire after XX days" is not shown correctly
Fixed: Windows Vista incompatibility problems have been solved
Fixed: Several other bugs of main program and ebook viewer have been fixed